Tuesday, January 16, 2007

General Update




I built this bike about seven months ago when I was very green to the "modelling for a mod" scene. I had built literally hundreds of 3D models for work, but never anything dynamic like this, so I'm thinking of rebuilding it from scratch, with a bit more awareness of polygon limits.

[ A polygon is a triangle. Two make a square surface. A cylinder might take up to 48 to build and theres a limit in the BF2 to how many you can use for a weapon, vehicle, etc.......]

Plus, I don't particularly like the skin either, early attempts and all that! Its based [loosely] on the one on the bottom right hand corner of this page....


Moving on....I'm in the process of deciding what to build for the next mod update, not forgetting the two boats and three cars that still need coding love. I've picked a few new handheld weapons that didn't make into the last update but are built or drawn, to work on in the coming weeks - FIM92 [above], Steyr Aug, XM8, and the desert eagle. There are also a few large weapons, and should my luck with coding vehicles change, I'll have a crack at some dedicated Special Forces armoured fighting vehicles. Nah, I'll build them and get BigDog to export and code them....haha.

If we can find ways to code some of the more peculiar vehicles, the next update should be outstanding. I'll post a list when I have my workflow organised.

Bo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Bo ... you got the 'gift of the gab' mate and it works really well on this blog.

Also very interesting to hear that you are a pro modeller, how you get that job ;)

Anonymous said...

You know what would be an awesome addition to the BOMSF vehicles arsenle .... and that's a light, fast and manouverable helicopter good for landing on roof tops but one that also has teeth so maybe put two 7 round hyrdas on in too .... hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

Well said.