Friday, August 11, 2006

Gone Beyond The Joke.....

Ok, so I was on the server the other night playing, and there were a lot of heroic and idiotic things going on that I felt deserved commendation and ridicule, respectively. Now Cobra told me some time ago that it is possible to integrate our own badges, ribbons, and medals into the his stats package, so I thought some more about this. There is currently no badge for shock paddling - be it friend or foe, and I thought the medics amongst you would like something to make you stand out from the crowd. I did a sketch and did up a little something in max over lunch, and I'll polish it a bit more.

The Medic Hypocritic Oath Badge -

Criteria Basic 3 Kills IAR, 3 Revives IAR.

Criteria Veteran: 50 Kills total, 6 Kills & 6 Revives IAR

Criteria Expert: 150 Kills total, 12 Kills & 12 Revives IAR

Do-able but tough. This is only a draft "score sheet" btw.

Some of you who were around some months ago may remember the various badges and ribbons that I produced prior to getting into the modding thing. There were 4 ribbons worth mentioning - Legion of Retards ribbon for Teamkilling, French Foreign Service Ribbon for Cowardice/Suicide - THE Ribbon [Chuck Norris] - 500 points IAR - and the Stevie Wonder Service Ribbon for piss poor marksmanship.

Anyways, that got me thinking about the other ones that are missing, imo, like the Hand Grenade Badge, and the Sneaky Bastard Badge for Claymores and Mines only. The Noob Cannon Award for a score of 300 or more with the Dao-12, in a round. [That one is BigDog's] The Homeland Security Badge for Flag Defends and another catchily titled number for flag capture. The Bullet Magnet Award then for the goon, like me, who dies at least 20 times in one round. Personally, I blame the Guinness.......whats your excuse for getting it...? lol.

I think theres also room for a Splatt Ribbon - Roadkills and such.
Finally then there are the Medals section. I've designed one, based on an idea over at JungleWraiths, where they award badges and medals to their members and supporters. I think this would be a nice "Thank you" to them.

Comments and suggestions on this topic - more than welcome.


So theres been quite a bit going on behind the scenes what with the Ar Ramadi Run map revisited and all, and BigDogs Interceptor going to the paint shop shortly. Someone mentioned that the bots don't like the boats, that they'd rather swim. A bit of head wrecking has gone on trying to iron out the problems with this, and it may have as much to do with the way the boats are built as it has to do with how they are coded in that goddamn f*****g son-of-bit*h editor. Hopefully the interceptor will be as exciting as is promised and a good test bed for our theories on AI. I've a lot of weapons and vehicles lying on the workbench, 80% done, and i've told myself in the strictest way, that this attitude has gone beyond the joke. No more new stuff for a while, finish whats there first. Have a chilled out weekend and wish Cobra a happy birthday on the 12th if your talkin to him..G'Luck Bo




No comments: