Tuesday, September 25, 2007

BTR-152




Next time you have a look at an update of any other mod for any other game and you see a vehicle or weapon, take a note of its name and do an image search. Then compare what you're looking at and its 3D effort. Don't match up? Even remotely? Quel surprise...

As I get more experienced I find myself roaring "n00b" and other youthlike taunts at an inanimate monitor because of this laziness. I mentioned this before - it's poor research. Before I modelled this vehicle I spent hours getting good [1024 x 1280 min] images for reference and then drawing the plans, sections, and elevations in AutoCAD- then importing to 3dsMAX and began building. It was only halfway through when a detail was lacking that I resorted to Google Image Search....the last resort....really...

There I found a render of another mods same vehicle and was astonished. I had built the basic carcass and chassis of the vehicle for the same war ration budget of polygons they allowed and theirs doesn't remotely look like its supposed to. It might if you had BigDogs eyes, but I digress....
As far as I know, this is the only good looking moddable game engine that allows vehicle gameplay in a multiplayer environment since June 2005? Correct? So who hasn't upgraded even one gameplay component since then? huh? you at the back of the class, get out to the end of the room..The game and our PC's can take more punishment than was minimum recommendation 2 years ago, so lets push the game to its limit, I say.

Oh, the above vehicle is for the Bots, not us. It has two sticky mgs at the rear and one of the MEC tank mgs at the front. Don't get worried, its just another objective.....
Bo






1 comment:

Red_Dog-BOM- said...

I know your background BO, but never-the-less, I'm still impressed at how good you've become at making detailed and realistic 3-d models. A bit of an addiction to be sure, but for you, it translates into your day job skills. Well done. It might feel like pearls before swines, but many of the silent users really do enjoy it, even if they are not sure why. We know. :-)
R.D.